The Microsoft Power Platform team created an app within 2 days that can effectively help companies share coronavirus – related information within the company or develop emergency protocols.
Microsoft Power Platform service package can be used to build custom business applications very quickly and cost-effectively without the need for advanced developer training. Taking advantage of these benefits of the platform, the Microsoft Power Platform team created an app within 2 days that can effectively help companies share coronavirus – related information within the company or develop emergency protocols.
The solution uses Power Apps, Power Automate, Teams, and SharePoint and provides users with the following capabilities:
- Employees can report their work status (e.g., working from home) and make requests.
- Administrators can use the app to push news, updates, and content specific to their organization, and can provide emergency contacts specific to different locations
- It also provides direct access to information from sources such as WHO, CDC or a local authority via RSS feeds.
Further improvements are expected in the app.
Further information about the subject:
- For more information read Crisis Communication: a Power Platform template
- Here is a detailed description: Configuring and Understanding the Power Apps Crisis Communication Pattern Template
- Please also consider the Teams 6 Months trial available for up to 1000 users. Please find here full details: Microsoft Partner Guidance for Partner-initiated Microsoft Teams Trial